Newly Arrived Youth Service (NAYS) Case Worker
- Part-time (0.2 FTE) contract until 31 July 2020
- Working across Adelaide (Metro, Northern and Western Suburbs)
- Supporting newly arrived young people and their families to maintain healthy relationships.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a passionate individual who is dedicated in assisting newly arrived young people currently experiencing a range of complex issues to settle in Australia. With a strong understanding of cross-cultural barriers, youth culture and community connections, you will support young people who are newly arrived to maintain healthy relationships within their family, help explore their talents and build stronger connections to their community.
What do you need to bring?
- Certificate IV in Youth Work or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to listen, problem-solve and develop creative solutions to problems with people from diverse backgrounds and different cultural groups
- A vibrant personality with the ability to build relationships and engage and motivate young people
- Strong understanding of the Community Services sector and Networking skills to establish strong referral points
- Creative group work skills that will engage participants in a variety of settings
What can you expect to be doing?
- Undertaking assessments of young people’s needs and developing case plans that are centred around the young person’s talents & goals
- Utilising a strengths-based approach that considers the needs and strengths of individuals within the context of their family, social networks and community
- Supporting young people through crisis and implementing strategies to support young people and their families
- Networking with agencies and community organisations to provide supportive pathways for young people accessing the service
Who is AnglicareSA?
AnglicareSA is a not-for-profit organisation who makes a positive difference to the community every day. With over 1800 staff and 700 volunteers, we have been supporting South Australians for more than 150 years. There are many members of the community who require assistance and for that reason, we stand with our arms open to support people to achieve their aspirations and overcome their challenges. Our values underpin the work we do and are key in enabling us to recruit the right people.
What can AnglicareSA offer me?
- Access to our salary packaging options – increase your take-home pay and decrease the amount of tax you pay!
- Banking benefits, health care discounts and gym membership offers
- A collaborative exciting team culture
- Relationships with like-minded people who focus on improving the lives of many
How to Apply:
Click here to view the Job Description
To apply please complete the questions below and attach your resume and cover letter
When applying, please ensure you address the demonstrable requirements/competencies in your covering letter
For further information please contact Catherine Fielke on 0458 690 821
Applications close 9am, Monday 30th September 2019.
AnglicareSA is committed to the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Please contact our Aboriginal Services team on 8305 9237 to discuss joining AnglicareSA.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to provide a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Some roles will also be required to undergo a Working with Children Check or a DHS Disability Services Employment Screening Check, and Psychological Suitability Assessments.